CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just One More Hour PLEASE!

Ever felt like that? Like you needed just one more hour, or maybe more, in your day. I have been feeling this way a lot lately. There is just never enough time to get it all done. I have such plans, and they crash and burn around me which sends me into a self-defeating downward spiral that ends with lots of chocolate. Ever since I started to really try to live my life for the Lord, I have struggled with consistency in my time with Him. I do OK for a while and then something happens, and I am at square one again. I did OK for a while last summer getting up at 6am. The boys usually wake around 7am. Then something happened, who knows what, and I fell off the wagon. I tried again at the start of the year and was doing OK until the sickness fell on me and attached itself like superglue to me. Since then, I can't do it. I want to get up. I want to spend time with the Lord and have that peace that people have and that joy too. I just can't seem to make it work. I know it isn't going to happen out of my own strength. I also know that when my sleep is broken by my 3 year old needing to go to the potty, my world is rocked a bit. I can honestly tell you that I have no idea when the last time was that I slept the entire night, from when I went to sleep until a decent hour in the morning. NO IDEA! I love my boys, don't get me wrong, but they are suffering because my relationship with the Lord has been suffering.
OK, so why the post? Any ideas from out there is Blog World? I would LOVE any tips. More so, I would the prayers though, if you wouldn't mind. Blessings!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

one time my friend and i were talking about how we hate the "pressure" of making the quiet time happen. and how when you do it, there's a sense of pride, and when you don't there's shame for not "making" it happen. all focused on us. i've struggled with this my entire relationship with the Lord, but now with 2 kids, more than ever. but i do see Him meeting me more than ever, too, in the midst of real life. i feel like there are definite times of learning and growing through the Word, and in study and prayer, but i think also learning about how my "praying without ceasing" is about my relationship with Him. just like a relationship with my husband, or my family and friends. an ongoing learning to love Him in all different parts of my life. letting Him into every part, and finding that He's already there. i hope that you are encouraged today, and know that He truly loves every bit of your "not enough hour" day.

Running With Hope said...

I feel your struggle every day! I know what you mean about our relationships with our children suffering when we don't spend time with the Lord. I think just recognizing our need for Him is half of the battle. He understands and He's with you, even if you don't have your Bible open in the quiet, uninterrupted early morning. I've been praying for a deep desire to spend more time with Him and it's been such a joy to experience Him while doing the laundry or hugging one of my kids. Take those moments as times with Him!