Tuesday, June 30, 2009


We have finally all recovered! Praise the Lord!
I had pneumonia. Jonathan had double pneumonia. Jacob had strep. Manly Man...he went out of town, came back early because we were so sick and then had to nurture us back to health! But, we are finally feeling well!!!! We are spending a little time away from home this week and are really trying to enjoy the time away, because we really need it. We learned on Friday that the bank that took over the bank that owned Manly Man's mortgage office closed them down. That means that he was laid off from his part time job. We are taking the week to pray and seek God for His direction. After all, His plan is so much better than our own!
The boys have been swimming a ton in the last week. They are both making great strides and I am so proud of them! They are also learning how to boogie board! Absolute pure joy of their faces when they ride a wave in...pure joy!
We are hoping to do some boating, fishing, beaching and sleeping while we are away. I need the sleep...last night's sleep was terrible!!! Manly Man snored, so I was headed to the couch when Jacob called for me. He and Jonathan were sharing a bed and they had already woken up fighting about kicking each other in their sleep. I crawled in the double bed and slept like a mummy in the middle of the two! I say slept. I didn't sleep. I tried. I failed. I hate failure. Especially when it comes to sleep! I feel a nap coming soon. But, being that almost the whole month of June was taken off from school, (I'm so mean aren't I...having school in the summer, but when it is 95 with a heat index of 105, I think being inside and learning is much better. We will take time off in the fall when the weather isn't so miserable!), the boys have some learning to do.
What is the worst illness you have had in the middle of the summer?

Friday, June 12, 2009

Jonathan's Update, Again

Thanks for the prayers. Keep them going please! They are not admitting him to the hospital because there are no pockets of fluid in his lungs...we are going to continue to treat him at home and take him back in a week or two to be rechecked.

Jonathan's Update

We are waiting the results from a chest xray for Jonathan...he may be admitted to the hospital based on the results.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update strep or flu, just virus and watching. Jonathan...two breathing treaments at doc office, adding another antibiotic and albuterol breathing treatments every 4 hours and goingback to doc tomorrrow am...may admit him to hospital tomorrow if no improvement.


Taking Jonathan back to the dr this morning...he can't kick his fever after 4 days of antibiotics. Will update when I can.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

And Now...

Jonathan has walking pneumonia! Lord, heal us please! And quickly!

Friday, June 5, 2009

I'll Be Back...

once I recover from a double ear infection and pneumonia!