CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cookin' It Up!

Update on the leg quarters...they were yummy! The boys weren't so excited about them, but Hubby liked them. He wanted me to turn the crock pot off a couple hours before I did, but I didn't want them to sit and grow germs so he has said that I can cook them again, but turn them off about 2 hours earlier. And, as I washed off his plate to put it into the dishwasher, I swear I saw a kidney slide off the plate!!!!

I am trying a new recipe for dessert tonight. I am a sucker for desserts and love having them. I feel like they make the meal complete. I am not sure where I get this from because we rarely had dessert growing up...I wonder why? Anyway, my friend Teesa over at The Klear Life posted a recipe for brownies made from scratch. I have always used the box kind...little work, good batter to lick, great brownies. I decided to give it a try. I used the Special Dark, no nuts, but added in milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled morsels. Not much better for a girl than chocolate and peanut butter! I also needed my loyal stoneware pan for the chicken I am cooking tonight (did I tell you my AC is fixed...it had a leak!) so I cooked them in my cast iron skillet. Never done this before, but had heard of it and thought that I would give it a go. Well, they turned out delicious! I really love that recipe. The dark chocolate makes it not sooo sweet and the peanut butter was a nice touch. I had to bake them for 40 minutes in the skillet at 350. Thanks Teesa for sharing! Also, I brined my chicken for the first time and that definitely helped with the moisture issue!

Check them out...



1 comment:

Caroline said...

Nice - you just might be the next Pioneer Woman. I like your new profile pic too, very cute. I'm gonna do a new one soon when something special arrives at my house.