CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Not Forget


We were all touched by the horrible attack on our country seven years ago this morning. I had just finished teaching my first class and was walking up to the library for my second class. The drama teacher stopped me in the hall and said the trade center had been hit by a plane. I walked up to steps to the library, not really grasping the depth of what had just happened. When I walked in to the library, I understood. I immediately called Manly Man who had just gotten home that morning from the fire station. I told him to turn on the TV and asked him if his father was flying (his dad was a pilot for US Airways at the time and flew to New York some, in those big jumbo jets). He said no and got off the phone. My students and I sat there, glued to the TV. I watched so much of the coverage in the following days. I didn't want to feel numb. I wanted to feel the pain with my country, with it's people. I wanted to remember that day. I do remember. It struck so close to home, with Manly Man being a firefighter, my father-in-law a pilot, and my sister-in-law having flown past the Twin Towers, literally minutes before they were hit.

To those whose lives were forever changed, I have not forgotten. My family has not forgotten. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Your loved one was a hero.

No comments: