CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008: The Year of Health

I really am excited about the New Year! No resolutions here. I just fail at those anyway...why set myself for failure and the self-hating that follows anyway. I am calling this year the "Year of Health." This is the year that we are going to turn the corner in a lot of ways. I really feel like God has given me a vision as to what this year has the potential to be, that health is in our future and not just physical health; emotional, spiritual, and also financial health.
So, to start this journey I am going to pay a bit of a tribute to my family and run in the Carolina Beach Lo-Tide 5K run on March 15th. When I was little my daddy and I used to run 2 miles every Saturday around the track at the YMCA. As a family, we would all participate in the Irish Run in Milwaukee (also a 5K). So, as a way to honor them in my "Year of Health" I am going to run. Very excited about this!!! I will keep everyone posted on my progress in "training" to run a 5K. The key word there is run. I want to be able to run the whole thing and not have to stop and walk. So, wish me blessings!

No comments: